Crispy Salmon or Chicken with Herb Salad
- 2 – 8oz Chicken or Salmon filets
- 1 Fresh Lemon – cut into wedges
- 1 cup Arugula leaves
- 1 cup Baby Spinach leaves
- 1 cup Flat leaf Parsley
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Small Basil leaves
- ½ cup Fresh Mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tablespoon Sea Salt – divided
- ½ tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper – divided
- 1 Cooking Spray
- Combine the arugula, parsley, cilantro, basil and mint in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine the olive oil, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet (fish) or regular skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the filets with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place fillets, skin side down, in pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and cook for another 2 minutes or until done.
- Add the arugula mixture to plates.
- Top with a fillet and drizzle with the lemon juice mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
- 2 – 4-6oz Salmon filets
- 1 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Natural sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley – chopped
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
- Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal.
- Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower Medium size
- 3-4 Eggs
- 1 pinch Sea Salt/Black Pepper To taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
- Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through. [If you don’t want to use a microwave for Step 3]
- Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning.
- Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out. Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a sieve, on a bowl. Make sure to drain as much excess water as possible. There is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower.
- Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4″ thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes then Flip
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla.
- Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy.
- Eat with greens, grilled chicken, steak strips or another protein of your choice.
Gingery Broccoli and Beef
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 pound Petite Sirloin or Filet steak – Cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Grated Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Green Onion – Finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce – Optional
- Heat the 1/2 TBL olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced beef and 1/4 tsp sea salt, and brown. Remove beef from pan to a side dish, and get rid of excess juice left in pan.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, grated ginger, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes with 1/4 cup broth. (May use some low sodium soy sauce for a more Asian dish).
- Heat pan again over medium heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil when pan is hot.
- Add broccoli to the pan. Pour liquid ingredients on top and toss to coat.
- Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the green onions. Add the extra chicken broth if preferred.
- Stir beef in until it’s coated with sauce, and let simmer for a few minutes until beef warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy.