Gingery Broccoli and Beef
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 pound Petite Sirloin or Filet steak – Cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Grated Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Green Onion – Finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce – Optional
- Heat the 1/2 TBL olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced beef and 1/4 tsp sea salt, and brown. Remove beef from pan to a side dish, and get rid of excess juice left in pan.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, grated ginger, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes with 1/4 cup broth. (May use some low sodium soy sauce for a more Asian dish).
- Heat pan again over medium heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil when pan is hot.
- Add broccoli to the pan. Pour liquid ingredients on top and toss to coat.
- Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the green onions. Add the extra chicken broth if preferred.
- Stir beef in until it's coated with sauce, and let simmer for a few minutes until beef warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Crispy Salmon or Chicken with Herb Salad
- 2 – 8oz Chicken or Salmon filets
- 1 Fresh Lemon – cut into wedges
- 1 cup Arugula leaves
- 1 cup Baby Spinach leaves
- 1 cup Flat leaf Parsley
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Small Basil leaves
- ½ cup Fresh Mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tablespoon Sea Salt – divided
- ½ tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper – divided
- 1 Cooking Spray
- Combine the arugula, parsley, cilantro, basil and mint in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine the olive oil, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet (fish) or regular skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the filets with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place fillets, skin side down, in pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and cook for another 2 minutes or until done.
- Add the arugula mixture to plates.
- Top with a fillet and drizzle with the lemon juice mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
Chicken with Tarragon
- 2 4-6 Oz Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a plastic bag, tie off and shake until the chicken is completely covered in the seasonings and oil.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and place it on the grill. Cook until it reaches about 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables.
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms Italian Dressing
- 6 Medium cloves of garlic – Minced
- 1 teaspoon Hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 8 Bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Natural sea salt
- 2 pounds Shrimp – Raw unpeeled
- In a large heavy skillet, mix the oil, Italian dressing, garlic, hot pepper sauce, soy sauce, bay leaves, paprika, oregano, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce begins to boil.
- Add the shrimp, and cook approximately for 10 minutes
- Add the wine, and cook another 5-7 minutes, or until the shrimp are done.
- Serve the shrimp with the sauce.
- 2 – 4-6oz Salmon filets
- 1 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Natural sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley – chopped
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
- Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal.
- Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
Cod with Asparagus
- 16 ounces Cod or other fish filet
- Asparagus – Trim ends
- 2 Spring Onions – Sliced up to green part
- 2 tablespoons Basil – Cut into chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons Ginger – Minced or sliced
- 2 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set two large pieces of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Cut fish into 2 portions. Set a piece of cod onto each piece of paper. Place half of the asparagus right on top of each piece of fish. Do the same with the Spring onions.
- Top each piece with equal amounts of basil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and olive oil. Crack some black pepper if you like.
- Close up the parchment paper to make two little packages.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and asparagus is tender (but not overcooked!).
- Transfer your fish and some of the sauce to a plate and toss the parchment paper in the garbage. Serve and enjoy.
- 2 Zucchini
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
- 2 pinches Ground Black Pepper
- 2 pinches Cayenne – Optional
- 2 pinches Cinnamon – Optional
- Grate the zucchini.
- You can use a food processor, and pulse it until they are the right size. Go easy to keep a rough texture.
- Mix in the eggs, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Turn on frying pan to medium heat. Add oil.
- Add small pancake sized amounts onto the pan and let it sit for about 45 seconds and check to see if it browns, flip.
Roasted Spiced Mushrooms
- 1 pound King Oyster Mushrooms – Substitute your favorite
- 1/2 Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon Your favorite spices to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and chop mushrooms to uniform size.
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Toss mushroom pieces with cooking spray and seasonings
- Lay out on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes then flip, roast for another 10 minutes until tender.
- Squeeze half of a lemon over mushrooms and serve.
Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 4 pinches Sea Salt
- 4 pinches Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Clean the Brussels sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add the halved Brussels sprouts to the pan and sauté for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
- Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
“Not” Potato Salad
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 Stalks celery – Diced
- 1/4 Yellow onion – Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley – Finely chopped
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs – Diced
- 2 tablespoons Walden Amazing Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Add 1″ of water to the bottom of a medium pot (with lid). Insert steamer basket and fill with chopped cauliflower. Cover.
- Steam cauliflower on the stove top over medium-high heat until slightly tender, about 10 minutes after water begins to simmer (overcooking will develop a stronger "cauliflower" smell, and a mushy texture).
- Drain cauliflower and rinse with cold water to cool immediately. Place in a large bowl
- Add celery, onion, parsley, and egg.
- Stir in mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and sea salt (if desired).
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
“Faux” Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Head Fresh cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder – To taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt – To taste
- 1 packet THWN Mushroom or Chicken Soup – 1/2 to 1 packet
- Boil or steam the cauliflower until it is very, very soft.
- Drain the water.
- Add the seasonings and ½ of any of the soup mixes, or more, to taste.
- Mash well and serve steaming hot.
- You want gravy, use the mushroom soup. It will make wonderful gravy for your mashed cauliflower and over your turkey. You won't feel deprived.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower Medium size
- 3-4 Eggs
- 1 pinch Sea Salt/Black Pepper To taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
- Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through. [If you don't want to use a microwave for Step 3]
- Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning.
- Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out. Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a sieve, on a bowl. Make sure to drain as much excess water as possible. There is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower.
- Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4" thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes then Flip
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla.
- Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy.
- Eat with greens, grilled chicken, steak strips or another protein of your choice.
Lemon Pepper Marinade
- 4 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Chicken broth low sodium
- 1 pinch Sea salt and pepper
- 1 pinch Stevia – To taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or grape seed oil
- Mix ingredients together.
- Marinate protein for 20 or more minutes.
Cucumber Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 Medium peeled cucumber (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Minced or chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until liquefied.
- Use as salad dressing or as a dip for raw vegetables.
- 1 THWN Aloha Mango Shake Bottle
- 1 bag Frozen Rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon or Allspice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread out rhubarb in a baking dish. Pour prepared Mango drink over and add lime juice and cinnamon (use less juice as desired).
- Bake for 15 minutes covered with foil.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and slightly blend so it's still a little chunky.
- Top over a piece of fish or chicken!
- 2 packets THWN pudding of your choice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Ice
- Mix 2 packets of your favorite pudding or drink mix
- Blend with water and ice.
- Pour into ice cube tray or popsicle mold
- Freeze and enjoy
Baked Pudding Souffle
- 1 packet THWN pudding – Any flavor
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 ounce Water
- 1 packet Stevia / splenda
- 1 Small capful of vanilla
- Blend all above ingredients
- Pour into small baking dish sprayed with non-stick zero calorie cooking spray
- Bake at *350 for 30 minutes, depends on your oven.
“Mock” Cinnamon Baked Apples
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 tablespoons Walden farms apple butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel zucchini, cut it lengthwise then crosswise into 'apple slices'. Seed if needed on larger zucchinis.
- Put in a bowl and drizzle with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons of Walden Farms Apple Butter, and a teaspoon allspice.
- Mix with hands and spread out into a glass dish, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- You will bake in oven at 350* for up to 30 minutes or until 'apples' are at desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle with a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon when done baking if desired. You might want to let it sit a bit to let the juices thicken. Enjoy!!